As we were working on our top benefits for having a dog walker, we came across this wonderfully written and beautifully executed post. So, we give full credit to Wild Things Pet Services, in St. Charles, Illinois for this excellent article.
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Hire A Dog Walker
Okay, so maybe we’re a little bit biased. But the truth is, hiring a dog walker can provide amazing benefits for your pet, as well as for you. Whether you have a Lab, Golden Retriever, or any other breed, here are the top 5 reasons we believe hiring a dog walker is incredibly important:
1. Health – As with their human counterparts, pets need regular and consistent exercise to live long, healthy, and happy lives. According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, an estimated 54% of dogs and cats in the United States are obese. Many pets will acquire specific health problems in their lifetime that could easily be prevented or diminished with proper exercise. One of the absolute best ways to keep your pet healthy is to provide 3 or more 20+ minute walks per day.
2. Socialization and Stimulation – Walking not only gets your dog the exercise she/he needs, but it also stimulates his/her senses. Your dog gets to see, smell, feel, and hear all types of new and interesting things when out for a walk. This stimulation often includes meeting other people or animals, which can be an excellent way to encourage proper socialization for your pup. As humans, we often take for granted these brief encounters and stimuli, and we can easily forget that these are frequently the highlights of our pet’s day.
3. Behavior – Simply put, a tired dog is a good dog. Regular walking helps to release excess energy in your pup, resulting in calmer behavior at home. With frequent, lengthy walks, your dog will be less inclined to bark, chew, bite, use the bathroom indoors, etc.
4. Peace of Mind – Hiring a (professional) dog walker gives you the peace of mind that your dog is well taken care of, even when you aren’t at home. With a daily dog walker, you don’t have to worry as much if you need to stay late for work, or if your dog doesn’t completely “finish” when you take them out in the morning. The knowledge that your dog will get quality time outdoors during the day also helps relieve the guilt or stress held by knowing your pup is otherwise locked up alone, often for 8 or more hours every day. You can feel confident that you are doing the best you can for your pup, and that your dog is living a rewarding, happy life.
5. Time – We all live busy lives, and every minute counts. Sometimes, consistent lengthy walks are difficult to fit into our schedules. We often wake up extra early, head home for our lunch hours, and delay making dinner for our families in an effort to make sure our dogs get the care they need. With a regular dog walker, your dog still gets all of the exercise and attention they deserve, while you get back a great deal of time. Everyone wins!
There are many other reasons to hire a professional dog walker, but by now, the benefits should be clear. Society Pet Sitter has been fully bonded and insured since 1994. Reach out to us today! firstname.lastname@example.org or 214.821.3900!